Information for Parents Receiving Child Support

Here are a few things to remember about the child support program:

  • All child support checks are processed through CSPC in Columbus.
  • You will need to always alert our office with your address and name changes in writing. Child Support checks will not be forwarded.
  • You may either fax, mail or bring in your written request to the payment window. Please include in your written request:
    • The old and new address including your new phone number,
    • Your Social Security number,
    • The case number(s), and
    • The person(s) who pays you. 

All name change requests must include your old and new name, Social Security number, case number(s), and the person who pays you.
If you are receiving public assistance and receive a medical card, you must also change your address with Job and Family Services..

What to do if you are not receiving support payments:

Contact the agency in writing or by phone and request establishment, enforcement or location services. There is no charge for these services.

Enforcement of Support orders:
If you require our services to enforce a support order, the following information will be requested. Your assistance can greatly enhance our effectiveness.

  • Name and address (if known) of the person obligated to pay support.
  • The obligor's Social Security number and date of birth.
  • Child(ren)'s birth certificate and Social Security number(s).
  • Child support order.
  • A picture of the non-custodial parent, if available.
  • Name and address of the obligor's most recent employer.
  • Names of friends or relatives, or organizations to which obligor may belong.
  • Information pertaining to the obligor's income or assets (i.e. pay slips, tax returns, bank accounts, investments or property holdings).
  • Any other information concerning the whereabouts of the obligor.